Should I hire an electrician for small jobs? Learn why hiring an electrician might be the better choice for you.
You may be considering a DIY (do it yourself) electrical project to save the time and expense needed to hire an electrician. However, the amount of time and money saved often is not worth it when it comes to electrical projects. Hiring an electrican for small projects is a great choice for these 5 reasons:
- Pro electricians take less time to complete a job than amateurs thereby saving your precious free time.
- We are licensed to install wiring and make repairs safely and to code requirements. We’ll keep you safe from electrical shocks or fires.
- Hiring a pro protects you from electrical problems that might happen during or after installation. We guarantee our work!
- It’s easy to call us or send our estimate form to get a free estimate for your next project. We’d love to hear from you!
- We’ve been in business for over 60 years and have experience with all kinds of electrical issues from new houses to old and all sizes of businesses. So if a problem pops up during the project we can handle it. and you don’t have to worry.
Types of Electrical Projects that You Can DIY
Simple electrical repairs can be done by the homeowner safely. But know your limits, if there ever is a question of safety leave it to the pros. Make sure your electrical power is off before attempting any of these projects. Use a voltage tester to be sure.
- Replacing an existing wall switch or outlet
- Replacing a ceiling fan
- Replacing a light fixture
More Complicated Electrical Projects that Should Never Be DIY
- Replacing a burned electric socket
- Repairing or replacing a circuit breaker
- Installing a brand new switch
- Installing dedicated circuits for appliances
- Installing electrical for a pool, hot tub or any water feature