Common Electrical Repairs & Upgrades Needed Around the Home

Installing an electric outlet

Do you want to upgrade your home this summer or fall? Here are some common electrical reapirs and upgrade projects to get you started:   GFCI Outlet installation or repair – Changing an outlet to a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet is a common repair in a home. A GFCI outlet offers electrocution and fire…

Read more

ABC Members Honored with Safety Awards

ABC Delaware had 41 companies presented with the National safety STEP award. The STEP award program provides an organized approach to analyze and further develop each company’s safety and loss prevention program and provides a vital, objective method to measure safety program improvements. Step award certificates are given for bronze, silver, gold, platinum and diamond….

Read more

May is National Electricity Safety Month

May is Electricity Safety Month

In addition to being a great time for spring cleaning, May is the perfect time to learn about electricity safety. It was designated Nation Electricity Safety Month by ESFI, the Electrical Safety Foundation International, a non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to promoting electrical safety at home and in the workplace.  Here are some easy ways to…

Read more

Construction Trades Foundation Career Fair

Career Trade Foundation Career Fair

Bausum and Duckett Electric attended the Construction Trade Foundation Career Fair presented by Donohoe Construction. The Construction Trade Foundation’s Career Fair was held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at Thomas Edison High School of Technology in Silver Spring, MD.  The Thomas Edison High School of Technology is Montgomery County’s only vocational program that offers training and…

Read more

Portable Generator Safety Tips

Portable Generator Safety

Portable power generators are often the first thing people turn to during a power outage caused by a storm to make sure their home’s important appliances and sump pump have power. Improperly using a generator like this can lead to danger. According to the CPSC’s report, 220 people died from carbon monoxide while using portable…

Read more