Powering Solutions since 1960
Bausum & Duckett Electric LLC is a full-service electrical contractor proudly serving both commercial and residential customers in the Chesapeake Bay region, from northern Virginia and Metro DC to the Eastern Shore as well as Delaware.
Founded in 1960, Bausum & Duckett has developed an unsurpassed reputation for service, quality and professionalism. Whether you need electrical system design and/or installation for a construction project, electrical repairs, lighting, or generators, you’ll receive the highest quality services from a name you can trust. A proud member of the communities we serve, we look forward to serving you.
"While electrical technology is always evolving, our approach remains constant: We take great pride in our final product—no matter how big or small the job."
Harold Bausum & Jimmy Duckett formed Bausum & Duckett Electric LLC in June of 1960, specializing in residential electrical projects. When Jimmy left the company to venture out on his own, Harold carried on, growing the company from a small mom-and-pop business to a larger organization that also specialized in commercial work. In 1983, four additional owners came aboard, expanding the company’s geographical territories increasing services and specialties. In 2003, Tim Holt became the sole owner of Bausum & Duckett and has provided 42 years of dedicated service.
Today, the company has two offices—the original in Edgewater, MD and a branch in Delmar, DE—allowing us to serve the entire Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, & the DelMarVa region. Today, as owners, President Mark Llewellyn, Sr. Vice Presidents Tommy Luc and John Dorsey carry on Bausum & Duckett’s commitment to exceptional service, superior workmanship and professionalism. Thanks to a highly skilled and courteous staff, the company maintains its premier reputation, continues to strive for new ways to meet customers’ needs and keeps abreast of changing technologies.
The Bausum & Duckett Philosophy
- Furnish the best possible product with workmanship and quality standards second to none.
- Keep our services competitively priced to give our customers true value for their investment.
- Give our employees good working conditions and a safe environment.
- Provide fair pay and benefits consistent with good business practice.
- Protect management’s inherent and legal prerogatives to operate the business within our discretion & judgment.
- Provide a source of capital for the continued growth of the company and community, with emphasis on the security and well-being of all our employees.
- Honor and uphold the principles of free enterprise, service, and integrity. Our record of progress and growth attests to the validity of these objectives as well as to our success in living up to them.
Meet the Bausum & Duckett Management Team
The Bausum & Duckett management team brings more than 150 years of combined experience. Members of our team are graduates of the Associated Builders and Contractors Association (ABC) program, are certified electricians, and have the expertise and specialized training to keep Bausum & Duckett at the forefront of the latest industry technology and advancements. Our management team remains hands-on, easily accessible, and focused 100% on customer satisfaction.
Eastern Shore Division
Sr. Project Manager